Do you ever feel unheard or unappreciated in the workplace? Do you ever feel a sense of disconnect between employees? Whether you’re an employee or CEO, defining and strengthening company culture should be the first step in building a successful company with happy employees.
In my interview with Daniel Budzinski from the Dreamcast podcast, we discussed how to encourage honest and transparent leadership, create openness in the workplace, and get the best out of people.
You can find the full interview on iTunes or listen on this page through Soundcloud. If you’d prefer to read it, send me a note on Twitter or Linked In and I’ll email you the full transcript.
Key company culture takeaways :
- Be as open and honest with your staff as you can as early as you can.
- Culture is an output, not an input.
- Give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
- People can handle the truth. The thing they can’t handle is the lies.
- Leadership is about being human & being humble.
- Walk the walk.
- Never burn bridges.
- If you make a great job of today, tomorrow will often sort itself out.
- Explain the why.